Join our team!Job Opportunities
Director of Children and Family Ministries combined with Preschool Director
Church at Six Forks, located at 9121 Six Forks Road, is a small-but-growing United Methodist Church based in the heart of North Raleigh in mission to serve one another, our neighbors and the world. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about helping children and families experience God’s love and make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. This is a unique full-time position comprised of two distinct, part-time roles:
1. The Children and Family Ministries Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the vision and strategic elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Church at Six Forks. Specifically, the Children’s Ministry activities and events that emphasize relationships with God and one another, Sunday Children’s Church, retreats, Bible study, service and mission.
2. Church at Six Forks operates an onsite preschool, Little Sprouts at Six Forks, as part of our Children and Family Ministries program. The Children and Family Ministries Director will also serve as Preschool Director responsible for facilitating and growing our preschool’s vision through various administrative and leadership duties: personnel management, preschool policies and procedures, curriculum and planning, leading and training techniques on instruction, communications, finance, and facilities management. The Director organizes and administers all aspects of the preschool program within the policies adopted by the Preschool Board and Church at Six Forks. The Director will work to support the vision, mission, ministry and core values of Church at Six Forks and create a safe and loving place for children to learn, play, and experience God’s love in a preschool setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development and/or Education
- Background should contain a combination of skills related to Christian ministry and child development
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of teaching or childcare experience and 5+ years of leadership or management/supervisory experience is preferred; provide evidence of successful work experience with children
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including salary expectations to Rev. Angela Hollar, Pastor; firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed job description will be provided.